Saturday 28 December 2013

Sapphire Blue (Ruby Red #2)

Goodreads Summary 
Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

 At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.

My Thoughts
I loved this just as much as the first. I usually find giant novels too long, but I think this trilogy might have been better as one book. This way some of the repetitive narrative that sequels tend to have could have been eliminated.

Nonetheless.

This book takes off where the last one left off. Poor Gwyneth is confused as to who she can trust, but continues to have strong feeling towards the gorgeous Gideon. I fear if I say too much I will give too much away, but I will say that I trust Gideon despite Gwen's aunt Maddy's curious vision. That was a mouthfull.

***Spoiler if you haven't read Ruby Red*** This book starts after Gwen and Gideon's first and then Gwen is quickly introduced to a new friend. Xemerius quickly becomes one of my favourite characters! He speaks his mind and does so in a fearless way. Plus the fact that no one else can see or hear him leads to a lot of humorous moments.

If you enjoyed the first boon then I believe you will enjoy the second. 
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif  photo aa-reading-owl.gif  photo aa-reading-owl.gif  photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment