Saturday 4 January 2014

My Top Picks for 2013!

Although I started this blog as a New Years resolution of sorts for 2014, I thought I would share the books that I thoroughly enjoyed in 2013. I should say that they are in no particular order and I loved them all dearly.

I read The Lovely Bones  by Alice Sebold really late into the year, but it is on this list because I really enjoyed it. It was hard not to love this book. It sends its readers on an emotional roller coaster. It focuses on love and loss in a way that I hadn't read about before.


The Selection by Kiera Cass was a book that I picked up on a whim and boy am I glad that I did. This book made me dream of getting whisked away to a palace to meet prince...not so charming. I could wear gorgeous dresses and hope to not make a fool of myself. America gets to live everyone's dream and she hates every minute of it.I should also mention that The Elite was an equally entertaining sequel.


Meant To Be
by Lauren Morrill was just too cute not to put on this list. I am generally a big fan of contemporary novels, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I loved this one. I had heard mixed reviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love me a good love story.

Prodigy
and Champion  by Marie Lu are the second and third books in the Legend trilogy. These dystopian novels follow Day and June as they try to save their city, their loved ones, and each other.










Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid is another story about loss. Elise is a young pride who looses her new husband in a terrible accident. The story was heartbreaking and had me crying from the very beginning.



Allegiant by Veronica Roth is the much anticipated final book in the Divergent trilogy. Although it had mixed reviews, I really enjoyed it.

  Unspoken and Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan are the first and second books in the Lynburn Legacy series. I picked up the first one when I was at my local bookstore and liked it so much I need to read the second one immediately afterward. Cute reads.


Wait For You
by J. Lynn a.k.a. Jennifer L. Armentrout is the kind of book that reminds you that there reallyare good guys out in the world today and boy is Cam a good guy. *SWOON* This is a love story. Look at the cover if you don't believe me. I am a sucker for a good love story and this was 2013's best one in my opinion.  Trust In Me the companion novel from Cam's perspective was really good too!

Just One Day by Gayle Forman was another romance I read this year. This one took place in just one day...get it? Ha ha. Its companion novel wasn't as good though. Sorry Willem.




Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson is a contemporary road trip book. Is there anything better than a good road trip book? Nope.

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes was a sensational novel about love and hardships in England. This book was so good that I got it for my favourite aunt for Christmas.





The Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare was maybe the best series I read all year. Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess follow William Herondale, Tessa Gray and Jem Carstairs through 19th century London. Poor Tessa discovers the world isn't quite what she thought it was and she isn't what she thought she was.

Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter is the third book in the Heist Society series. I read the first two books in 2012 and this one in 2013. I loved all three. This series is basically any young adult novel meets Ocean's Eleven. Plus I adore these covers.



UnWholly by Neal Shusterman is the second book in the Unwind dystology. There is nothing like this series. I won't even try to explain it. Just check it out!



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick is another contemporary. What? I like what I like. This story has two adorable teens with very different families. It is a prime example why I love young adult novels so much.

A Girl Like You by Gemma Burgess is a relationship 411. Abigail sucks at dating so she relies on her new roommate Robert for advice. It's humorous and oddly informative.










And there you have it. Those were my favourite books of 2013. What were yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment