Thursday 30 January 2014

Vicious

Goodreads Summary
A masterful, twisted tale of ambition, jealousy, betrayal, and superpowers, set in a near-future world.

Victor and Eli started out as college roommates—brilliant, arrogant, lonely boys who recognized the same sharpness and ambition in each other. In their senior year, a shared research interest in adrenaline, near-death experiences, and seemingly supernatural events reveals an intriguing possibility: that under the right conditions, someone could develop extraordinary abilities. But when their thesis moves from the academic to the experimental, things go horribly wrong.

Ten years later... ( I took out the rest of the summary because I thought it gave too much away.)


In Vicious, V. E. Schwab brings to life a gritty comic-book-style world in vivid prose: a world where gaining superpowers doesn’t automatically lead to heroism, and a time when allegiances are called into question.


How Do I Feel?
This book came with high praise from several youtubers, so I was really excited to pick it up. The concept was too intriguing to pass up. I enjoyed the early relationship between Victor and Eli. I knew from the start that Victor was unstable, but I didn't see Eli's faults until much later. Once i did, this book upset me. I'm used to watching TV series with psychopaths in them, but this was to a higher degree. This book scared me. Don't let my feelings keep you from reading this though. If you don't mind a psychopath...or three than read this. The book's concept is really interesting and I know there are people out there who will enjoy it.
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment