Friday 14 February 2014

Best Kind of Broken

*This ARC was sent to me by Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley. An honest review is expected of me.*

 Goodreads Summary 
 Pixie and Levi haven't spoken in nearly a year when they find themselves working―and living―at the same inn in the middle of nowhere. Once upon a time, they were childhood friends. But that was before everything went to hell. And now things are... awkward. 

  All they want to do is avoid each other, and their past, for as long as possible. But now that they're forced to share a bathroom, and therefore a shower, keeping their distance from one another becomes less difficult than keeping their hands off each other. Welcome to the hallway of awkward tension and sexual frustration, folks. Get comfy. It’s going to be a long summer. 

What Did I Think?
 I loved this book! Levi and Pixie (her name is actually Sarah. I thought she'd be a stripper when I first read her name.) have an electric chemistry. You can practically feel the air crackling when these two are on the same pages. They may have sparks, but they also drive each other crazy. Pixie finds herself taking a lot of cold showers thanks to Levi and he has to restart the fuse box more often than he'd like. 

This book was an emotional one. I should have been prepared for that -look at the title again Renee -, but I wasn't. Pixie and Levi grew up together and when tragedy strikes she is left with a physical scar and they are both left feeling guilty.  The tragic event was heartbreaking.  I tend to know that I loved a book if it can make me cry; this book made me bawl. I should know better than to read a love story before bed because I woke up this morning with puffy eyes.  I'll never learn. 

The minor characters in this book were really good too. Pixie's aunt Ellen was an amazing woman.  She took Levi and then Pixie in when they had nowhere else to go.  She also played cupid a little bit which was really cute.  Pixie's friend Jenna was a bold girl.  She is covered in tattoos and has a rough exterior, but she cared about Sarah a lot.  She's there for her when things with Levi get complicated.   Then there was Daren. He's Levi's sister's ex and kind of a pain in the ass.  I only mention him because he will be the main character in Chelsea Fine's next book Perfect Kind of Trouble which comes out in June.   

This was a really great ride. Go get your copy on March 4th!

 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment