Friday 21 March 2014

Going Long (Waiting on the Sidelines #2)

*I received this book thanks to Ginger Scott via Net Galley for an honest review*

Goodreads Summary 
They fell in love in high school and found their way back to one another despite the odds. But can first loves really be forever? For Reed Johnson, the dream was always football. But then Nolan Lennox took over his heart. Is he willing to give up his first love just to keep his true love? Or will he be too late?

Reed and Nolan’s story continues in "Going Long," sequel to "Waiting on the Sidelines."



My Thoughts
I enjoyed Waiting on the Sidelines so much that I immediately wanted to read Going Long. I'm so glad I did.  I read this in a matter of hours!

Nolan and Reed's relationship is just as sweet and just as...complicated. As college students, they deal with adult issues. They have to deal with long distance, cheating, self-doubt, and true love. This book will teach you that there is nothing more important in a relationship than communication. 

Going Long broke my heart at times, but I have loved these two together so much that I just wanted them to work it out.  They went through a lot to get to Going Long, but they had to survive even more in this book. 

I was so glad Sean made an appearance in this! He was one of my favourite characters and when he moved away to school I worried we wouldn't read about him again, but thankfully we did. He is just the sweetest guy.  Nolan crushed his heart for his best friend and he managed to remain close friends with both of them.  I loved Buck too! He reminded me of Buddy Garrity from Friday Night Lights. How could I not love that?

If you loved the first book than you will love the second as well.

    
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment