Monday 28 April 2014

Easy (Contours of the Heart #1)

Goodreads Summary

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.


What I Thought The Second Time Around 
I am so glad I loved this book just as much the second time around!  (read originally in December of 2012)

This book isn't at all what the description says it is. The truth?  Jacqueline finds herself depressed due to a break up and dragged to a frat party. When she decides to head home early, she is attacked. That night she meets a guy she never noticed on campus before, but she's glad he was there that night. Meanwhile, in the process of grieving over her relationship, she starts skipping her econ class and needs a tutor. She begins emaling with the her econ TA and finds that she likes him. Landon is smart and sweet. Her friends however want her to hook up with the mysterious Lucas that appeared that night. He's sexy and not at all like her ex. What's a girl to do. 

I loved this book because Jacqueline goes through a traumatic experience and grows from it. Without giving too much away, I will say she learns to heal throughout the book. I really admire her in the end. Not to mention, Lucas is one of my favourite book boyfriends. 

I hope I didn't give too much away in my book description, but I just hate the one given. Check this book out! The companion novel comes out May 6th, so get reading. :)
 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment