Tuesday 15 April 2014

Maybe Someday

Goodreads Summary 
At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.

Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…


My Thoughts
I am currently sitting on my bed with tears in my eyes because of this book. The Goodreads summary does not do it justice. I thought I was safe to read this. I was so wrong. This book was an emotional roller coaster that left me confused, angry, and completely torn. 

I am so glad that the book description doesn't give away the big reveal. It happens really early on and is an integral part of the story. It also makes thing really interesting.

I loved the characters in this book. Sydney is awesome. I wanted to be her friend and she could have used a good girlfriend in this book. She's strong, but has been thrown far too many curveballs to remain whole.  Ridge is a mystery inside a gorgeous package. He's not just a typical musician. Warner is a sweetheart in a sleazeball's body. I wish we got to know Brennan a little more. The relationship between him and Ridge was interesting to hear about, but I wish we witnessed more interaction between the two. Maybe in a companion novel? ;)

There were times when I wanted to throw my e-reader at a wall because the characters were driving me crazy. There were moments where I had to physically clear the tears from my eyes in order to continue to see the page. This book wreaked havoc on my emotions, but that's what kept me reading. I knew that Ridge had to have his reasons for being so frustrating. I knew they had to be really good.  They were, but I still hated to love him. 

If you haven't read anything by Colleen Hoover yet, you should. You could start with Maybe Someday.

   photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment