Sunday 11 May 2014

Breakable (Contours of the Heart #2)

Goodreads Summary 
He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.

As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield  believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.

All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace , his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…

As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.


My Thoughts
I cannot tell you how much I loved this book. You get to see the dichotomy between Landon and Lucas. Lucas being this man who has his shit together and Landon being this grief-stricken child just figuring the world out. The book flips between Landon after (I don't want to give anything away in case you haven't read Easy) ...the incident. He's grieving and struggling in a new town and a new school. We see how he was in high school with peers and girls. Then we flip to Lucas' point of view on Easy. We witness what he was going through from the moment he first noticed Jacqueline. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the Landon chapters. I think that I was just so interested in reading about what was going on with Jacqueline that I didn't care to know about his high school crush or his domineering best friend. You learn a lot about him in those chapters though and that I appreciated. 

This book won't be appreciated if you don't read Easy first. Easy lets you meet these amazing characters. You meet Jacqueline when she's vulnerable. Lucas when he is a knight on a dark night. Then there's Jacqueline's roommate Erin who's a fireball. She reminds me of Alice from Twilight...minus the ability to see the future. Professor Heller. I don't think you can understand how important Professor Heller is to Lucas unless you read Easy first. These characters were so real to me that I felt like they are my friends. 

I want you all to give Easy a chance and then pick up a copy of Breakable. These books helped me. They made me realize that it's not my fault. Thank you Lucas for that. Thank you Tammara Webber for that.

   photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment