Sunday 13 July 2014

Since You've Been Gone

Goodreads Summary
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell. But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um...


My Thoughts
My first thought when I finished this book was I need a Sloane in my life. I am a lot like Emily in that I tend to shy away from things. I am not the brave, independent type. I know that I should be, but I can be a bit of coward. I'm working on it. 

I previously read Morgan Matson's two other novels and really enjoyed them. I had heard great things about the book online and already knew that I loved Miss. Matson's writing style, so I could not wait to get my hands on this one. I'm so glad I did. 

Could you imagine waking up one day and your best friend is just gone? Yeah, me neither. Emily is then left with a list of...seemingly terrifying tasks to accomplish all on her own. I know I would not have survived this without a group of friends helping me out... and thankfully Emily had a great group to help her. Frank, Collins, and Dawn were a perfect team helping (sometimes pushing) Emily along the way.  

This book has everything a girl could need in a book.
      Friendship. Humour. An adorable little brother. Love? Road trip. 

Read this one soon!

 photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment