Sunday 7 June 2015

Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold (Broken Hearts & Revenge #2)

Goodreads Summary
The war rages on between Gemma and Hallie in the second installment of the Broken Hearts and Revenge series.

...I cut out this section of the summary due to major spoilers of the first book. You can however find it on Goodreads if you really need to know...

Gemma and Hallie find themselves locked in an escalating revenge cycle. Just when Gemma thinks she has the upper hand, the biggest bombshell of all is dropped. And it’s one that threatens to change her life forever. This exciting sequel to Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend will leave you begging for the third installment.


My Thoughts
After finishing Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend I immediately knew that I had to get my hands on this book. The last book finished on such a tense note that I had to know what Gemma was going to get herself into next.  

This second installment was even more intense than the last. If you don't like drama then this isn't the book for you, but I rather enjoyed it.  Gemma and Sophie, with the help of Gwyneth and the gorgeous, yet dorky Ford, have quite the task ahead of them. Ahhh I can't say anything else or I'll give too much away. 

I will say that I quite liked Josh in the first book (and I did in the second too) until the last chapter or so when I became team Ford. He was always a close second for me because he and Gemma had some adorable moments, but my love for Josh had me placing him as the runner-up. Well Gemma made me change my mind. I'm definitely team Ford now. 

I think that if you like young adult contemporary novels than you will simply love Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things To Mend and Revenge, Ice Cream, and Other Things Best Served Cold. Just go ahead and read them now so that you'll be ready for the third installment when it comes out sometime next year.

   photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment