Thursday 27 August 2015

Hurt

Goodreads Summary
 At seventeen, Mathéo Walsh appears to have it all. He is a champion diver and a hot prospect for the upcoming Olympics. He is a heartthrob, a straight A student and lives in one of the wealthiest areas of London. He has great friends and is the envy of many around him. And most importantly of all, he is deeply in love with his girlfriend, Lola. He has always been a stable, well-adjusted guy . . .

Ok I'll be honest...that's only part of the Goodreads summary. You should really go into this book blind and that is why I did not write the rest. If you really feel like you need to than you know how to find the rest, but I really recommend that you don't.   

My Thoughts
*blows out a breath*
I knew that this book was going to be emotional. It's called Hurt for pete's sake.  I also know that Tabitha Suzuma writes hauntingly, beautiful stories that will kick your emotion's ass. Everyone recommends her book Forbidden, which I just can't bring myself to read so I decided to pick this one up instead. After years of trying to hunt it down, I am so glad I did. 

I adored Mathéo. He is your typical teenage boy who has a girlfriend that he adores, a family that pressures him to take his diving to a different level, and a life he loves. Something happens (no I'm not telling you what) and he tries so damn hard to fight his mind and live the life he has always wanted. He is one of, if not the strongest, characters I have ever read about. 

This book is an emotional roller coaster and although I did not cry until the last few pages, it is an emotional read for sure. So go pick this up at your local bookstore or library, skip the back cover, and just dive right in. I think Mathéo, although fictional, would want you to read this story. 

   photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment