Monday 9 November 2015

Girl Online On Tour (Girl Online #2)

Goodreads Summary
The sequel to the number-one bestseller Girl Online. Penny joins her rock-star boyfriend, Noah, on his European music tour.

Penny's bags are packed.

When Noah invites Penny on his European music tour, she can't wait to spend time with her rock-god-tastic boyfriend.

But, between Noah's jam-packed schedule, less-than-welcoming bandmates and threatening messages from jealous fans, Penny wonders whether she's really cut out for life on tour. She can't help but miss her family, her best friend Elliot . . . and her blog, Girl Online.

Can Penny learn to balance life and love on the road, or will she lose everything in pursuit of the perfect summer?

My Thoughts
Last year I read and enjoyed Zoe's first novel Girl Online despite the controversy surrounding it. If you want you can read my review of that here and then come back to read this one. Don't worry there will be no spoilers.

I quite enjoyed this book. I think I liked it better than the first one. Penny is ready to travel Europe with her adorable boyfriend for the summer and has no idea what she's in for. Will Noah have time for her? Will Leah show up to spoil the summer? Will her anxiety get in the way of everything? Ha-ha-ha like I'd tell you any of that. 

Girl Online On Tour has all the same characters we fell in love with in the first one as well as a few new ones to add into the mix. My favourite new characters have got to be Alex, Elliot's adorable boyfriend, and Noah's bodyguard(who's name will not come to me). Although their roles aren't huge, they both add to the story as a whole and are important in Elliot's, Noah, and Penny's lives. 

I think that this book is perfect the typical young adult reader. It still deals with insecurities and anxiety, but Penny is a little older so she knows how to hand it a little better. It also deals with relationships and heartbreak which every teen can understand. I still think that if you're a fan of Zoe's than you will love this even more, but I think those who don't know her will appreciate it too. 

Go out and read Girl Online and then read this one. :)

   photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif photo aa-reading-owl.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment